I was nominated by the talented Pastel Bottle Rockets for the Liebster Award!
THE RULES OF THE AWARD:
Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
Give 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 blogs.
Notify those blogs of the nomination.
Give them 11 questions to answer.
If you wouldn’t need any degree for anything, what job would you want to do?
That’s a tough one…I’ve always wanted to do many thing growing up, be an astronaut, movie star, author, teacher, weatherman, architect, etc. etc. etc. I really just want to be a shopgirl though. I described my dream shop here.
Are you a cake, cookies, or ice cream kind of person?
Uhm I’m not a big sweets person. But if it’s the right occasion I prefer white or Strawberry cupcakes. And if it’s cookies they have to be gooey fresh out of the oven!
Where would you love to visit most?
I already visited my top spot in Bali three years ago last week. But next one my list is definitely Scotland/Ireland.
What inspired you to start blogging?
I have been blogging since I was in high school. It’s just something we did, Xanga, Myspace, Live journal, etc. Now writing, I’ve always written, I’ve always had stories. I feel like I write less now as a professional blogger than I did when I was just a kid.
What’s the item to your left?
A window looking out at the very low lake that sits behind our house. This drought has done a number to our water supply.
How long have you been blogging?
What’s the weirdest blog post you’ve seen?
Uhm…I don’t know. Everyone is unique, I hate to think anyone weird. I guess there was one where they guy bragged about stealing his brother’s fiance because God told him to, in order to punish him for inaction. But honestly, I hate to call that “weird”, because I don’t know how he and God roll.
Tea or Coffee?
Coffee if I need caffeine, Tea if it’s high noon or if I’m in need of serenity.
How’re you today?
Doing okay. The tiny shops are all sick, my stepson arrives tonight for a summer of fun, so I guess I’m a mixture of exhausted and frantic to get his room just right.
What’s your favourite movie?
I honestly have so many favorites: Family Stone, Wicker Park, Meet Joe Black, Sixth Sense, Devil Wears Prada, Talladega Nights
Sunrise or Sunset?
Sunset for sure…ain’t now way I need to get up for all that sunrise nonsense….been there done that enough in my life.
11 RANDOM FACTS
- I have a phobia of receipt tape
- I hate shopping at Wal-Mart, can we not bag more than one item per bag?!
- I am in the process of completing my book…kinda
- My hubby is a complete and total Star Wars Fanatic
- I received my degree at Texas Tech University
- I was a junior high teacher before I was a Shopgirl
- My birthday is not just a day but the entire month of September. 😉
- I married my junior high sweetheart…with a slight 14 year intermission;)
- I’m super hyper-critical of myself
- I’m a mom??! I drive a mini van!!?! When did this happen!!!
- I believe the power knowledge is an appetite that should never be satiated.
Why I Find it important to participate in awards
A blogger has a passion. They slave away, work-smithing their hopes, trials, and inspirations into script press them into the the sea of the masses hoping that to someone our posts will shine out and come across to them as absolutely radiant. This is why we create community, to support one another. And this is also why that when we are offered a seed of recognition we must take stock and let it take root in our spirit. This will enhance our motivation to drive on, there is no shame in recognition. —Shopgirl Anonymous
- Observations In Retail
- Amazing artist with fun Retail wit in his comic he updates regularly. Check out the fun!
- The Cappuccino Traveler
- Much like my format of visiting various malls Crystal does similarly but with my second biggest weakness…coffee shops!!! She definitely needs to come down invite me to help her add Florida to her already vast portfolio!! 😀 Heck I even have a coffee shop or two I’d love to share with her back in Alabama!
- Department of Agra Culture
- Lauren is one of the coolest dearest friends I’ve ever had. The distance in this move has been rough, and I miss her dearly. But I’m so glad she is doing so well in her travels and in building her amazing unique brand.
- New Follower: Gin & Lemonade
- Although I haven’t had too much time to delve into her blog too much, but I have enjoyed the conversations of #momlife. ❤
- New Follower: Scribbling Expat
- Always a sucker fro those dad blogs. What a fun and insightful blog on parenting from a dad’s perspective.
MY QUESTIONS TO YOU!
- Where is the coolest spot you’ve ever traveled?
- What is your favorite brew?
- What’s your all time most beloved shopping mall of all time?
- What have you found to be your most successful blog promoting strategy?
- How do you spend a Saturday?
- Who do you think offers the all time best customer service?
- If you had were given an unlimited gift card to any shop, in what shop would you spend it?
- What’s your favorite job you’ve ever had?
- What is your name?
- What is your quest?
- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Until next time fan boys and girls—>
All content of this site is property of the author. Please do not copy or redistribute without permission. You are free to share on social media as long as you credit the author.