I’m a little late for posting, but I want to thank Random Thoughts By Haya for kindly nominating me for this recognition. Please visit her realm of the blog world after making your way through the remainder of the post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated
them and provide the link to the post you created.
The Store of How my Blog Started is of course right here.
My Two Pieces of Advice to New Bloggers:
- Use your twitter not to convert traffic for your blog, but instead as a tool to build your public personality, establish your brand, and make a personal connection with your readership. The two separate entities will work as one over time, your readers have to like YOU before they care enough as to what you have to say to click away from their twitter feed. My Humble but Growing Twitter Page Can Be Found Here.
- Join Facebook Groups, but don’t grow too comfortable. Joining Facebook Groups gave me an amazing jump from 30 views to 200 views a day back in October.
- Though now since the Facebook Groups are very limited in their reach, and their readers are so sick of their random unattached recommendations that their social media boosts will only take you so far.
- Avoid groups that are too click-ish, they will not be devoted to you, even more so avoid being a part of a “group click”, they will only limit you further. Have you ever heard, you will only make as far as the most successful of your closest five friends? (The same goes for the WP community.
- Don’t be complacent and keep branching out.)
And because it’s an honor to be recognized, and a generous way to pay back great readership and writing I enjoy this part of the recognition process the most.
- Skipah’s Realm-Skipah never fails to leave me in audible laughter. He touches on products, adventures, “co-parenting”, and current events, but keeps it light and relatable! Please check him out, if you don’t already love him. Because with Gary you either love him, or have yet to discover him, there is no in between.
- Tea and Tales– Patricia’s blog feels like a visual breath of fresh air. Her aesthetics are cohesive, and beautiful. Her writings are relatable, and inspiring. If yo you have not stopped by, please do and say hellow.
- Mr. Plant Geek– I don’t remember how I landed on Michael’s site, but somehow I did a couple of months back. He travels often so his blog has some quite humorous observations of the countries he visits, and the exotic plants he finds.
- Home, Hugs, and Huskies– Lindsey is quite supportive and for a momma her blog can be quite resourceful. I’m sure with her recent engagement it will become quite resourceful for the pending brides as well very soon.
- Mitch Teemley– What I love about Mitch is he will always have you thinking bigger and better. He has a sense of faith and empathy that makes his words relatable, and his thoughts inspiring to improve. He can be humorous and he can be thoughtful, and many times he can somehow balance both.