I must admit that this Shop Girl has been absent for quite the majority of 2016. With family issues ranging from lay offs, and the health complications I had to leave my shop girl persona and focus on my household. In September I slowly crept back into the scene, but I did not intend to reignite Shopgirl, my focus was on my parenting blog. I wanted to be a “MomBlog”. I imagined it, headers with lesson plans, DIY’s, and fun activities that allowed me to be more involved with my home and my blog at the same time. I wanted the cool little gif on my side bar “Top Mom Blog” with the animated brunette greeting each and every one of my readers.
The fantasy lasted for about a month, while I would sneakily contribute an article here and there on the exciting world of management back on shopgirl. Over time, I began to realize I wouldn’t find the same verve within myself for my MomBlog like the one I had discovered for my retail based blog. So I decided to re-evaluate and refocus my efforts on Shopgirl.
Hindsight is 20-20 and with a near year long sabbatical from blogging full time I had much time to reflect on where I may have gone wrong, and where perhaps I could refocus my energy and efforts.
My Resolutions for my 2016 Return:
- Actually update my Shopgirl Anonymous Facebook Page
- Create an Instagram (update it once, daily)
- Find more searchable topics (mission statements, destination reviews)
- Stop being too shy to accept any assistance and advice offered
- Fully participate in blog promotional opportunities, issuing comments to all those placing their blogs out there with me.
2015: Blogged Everyday for 10 months VS 2016: Blogged Everyday for 2 months.
My Top Ten Posts for 2016
- Gap, Inc. Mission Statement
- Behind the Scenes: A Shop Girls Blog Success
- Communication Binders
- Exposing the Unexpected Revolution and Recreation for a Shop Girl
- How to Indulge, Inspire, and Reform Your Community
- Exposed: 3 Reasons Direct Sells is not Small Business
- Keychains “R” Us
- CEO Wonder Woman Makes Remarkable Strides at Wet Seal
- Spencer’s Gift Mission Statement
- Freaky Friday: The Foot Fetish
A Special Thanks to My Followers!
My Goals for 2017:
- Publish Shop Girl Anonymous the Novel
- Discover a Better Balance between Blog and Being Mom
- Attend one real life Blogging Conference
- 50 Malls! 50 Missions!
- Work towards building my Flipboard, and Pinterest following.
- Increase my Blog Following by 20%
My Resolutions for 2017:
- Share through Social Media more posts published by other blogs.
- Visit Malls in Tennessee and Atlanta before March
- Look Into how to find Blogging Conferences. 😉
- Spend more planned and controlled times on blog promotion opportunities Such as Meet & Greets, and Blog Shares.
- Study up on Flipboard and Pinterest Strategies
- Utilize Co Schedulers Headline Rater for every Post, No Title under 70.
- Newer Phone=Better Quality pictures! 🙂
Until Next Time Fanboys and Girls–>