I have been nominated for the Creative Blogger Award. Again I find these awards as a sign that I am headed in the right direction and appealing to my readers, so I am quite proud of yet another accomplishment in the world of blogger recognition today (Perfect timing, been a rough couple of days in this Shop Girl’s world). I must first thank The Simple Beginner for considering me for this award, it truly is an honor to be thought of.
- Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
- Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
- Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers
- Pass these rules on to them
I’m not going to list 20 blogs, but instead just my absolute fav’s (I feel that makes it more of an honor) and these bloggers can choose wether or not to participate. The real point in nominating them is to share them with the rest of my readers who have not been blessed enough to come across them yet. 😉
Neverending Grocery Story-Humorous views from your local grocer employee. This blog is hilarious and can be enjoyed by anyone, even if you have never worked retail ever…in your life. It’s funny. Read it. Now.
The Joy of Cooking (for Little Assholes)– This is not your typical mom blog, but instead a creatively humorous take on the reality of life with children. Glynis has actually been picked out very recently to write regularly for the Huffington Post, so her writing style and flare definitely stands out!
A Coffee Break with Mike– Once again I will suggest to everyone this great blog. His photography is inspiring, and his writing is down to Earth and extremely relatable. He is presently on a 7 1/2 week trip in the USA from his home in Australia, and is presently hopping from NYC to Miami, so check him out.
My Friday Blog– The blog that isn’t a Friday blog at all, but Josh will never stop entertaining. Wether he is discussing how he has prevailed from the dark side and kicked cancers ass, or just ridiculously hilarious satire humor he will never leave you bored. (Sorry Josh I know you said no more awards)
Under and Over it, Around and Through-Love her Things that make me go hmmmm…series! But of course all her posts are unique and fun!
Return of the Modern Philospher– Always a fun and one of a kind read! He updates often and his posts range from humorous fiction to humorous reality.
Check them all out, these are the bloggers having me sitting over my slow to boot up lap top each and every morning clutching my mug of chai so tightly that my knuckles turn white as I’m eagerly awaiting their updates. They are just so great! 😀
So five facts about lil’ ol’ me?
1. I majored in Creative Writing in college. My embarrassing college masterpieces can be found here.
2. In retail I received three awards before I became a DM: Little Miss Sunshine, Best Overall ADS (Average Dollar Sale) in Mall Locations, and Manager of the Year.
3. I’m a beverage-aholic, nothing more comforting than a mug of tea and nothing quite like that first sip of Coca Cola each day.
4. I will be MIA at the beginning of May…I will be having baby #2 and kiddo #3 to our crazy crew. For updates on family matters please visit us here.
5. I am a Texas girl born and raised…but my family very suddenly uprooted and headed to live in Sweet Home Alabama this past fall. Talk about culture shock y’all.