Blog Lovin’ Questions From Me to You

So under popular demand of how much it would be an asset to me, and how much I would enjoy it I decided to expand my reach and start a Blog Lovin’ account.  The problem is I still have no idea what I’m supposed to do with it. I’m feeling lost in some sort of void on it, like I do similarly on my Tumblr.

If you use it…

1. Where are the human blogs?

It seems it has forced me to follow 40 random blogs that have nothing really in common, but seem to have nothing useful to say to me.  A bunch of over reviewed business tips, diy that is not that unique or inspiring, and strategic product placement blogs.  I have attempted to find other blogs, you know the type that normal down to earth people like us write, but it seems to be overrun with large faceless blogs. What am I doing wrong?

2. What is the point?

Why does this exist? Am I supposed to use it to network?  Or am I just supposed to use it like an additional WordPress reader?  Either way is fine, just trying to figure out what my end goal should be with this new network.

3.  If you have one, why?

Honest curiosity, what do you use it for?  Is it worth my effort?

4.  Anyone as lost as I am?

15 thoughts on “Blog Lovin’ Questions From Me to You

1. Abigail says:

I agree with Bernadine. I joined so that I could get updates from blogs without having to go to every blog website to see if they’d posted an update, or clog my inbox. I ignore their blog recommendations and just follow what I want to follow (you can get rid of the daily Bloglovin emails by sending them to spam). I use it on mobile, so if I want to comment on the post there’s a button at the bottom that takes me to the original post on my browser.
    For me, WordPress reader wasn’t sufficient to get updates on the blogs I wanted to, so that’s why I use Bloglovin.

2. garym6059 says:

I don’t care for BlogLovin, if you read a blog from the site it doesn’t let you comment (at least it wouldn’t for me or I couldn’t figure it out but I’m an idiot), and I agree the randomness of the blogs it recommends makes no sense.

3. Bernadine says:

I’m not sure if there’s more to it but I just use it as my reader. You can follow any blog you want by putting the URL or name in the search box and then new posts show up in your feed. Same as the WordPress reader but for any/all blogs. I find it useful to have them all in one place. Beyond that, I don’t know. 🙂

4. fillyourownglass says:

I tried to follow a few blogs on there, but it seems like when I do get an email it’s a spammy sort of thing telling me to follow blogs I have no interest in. I found the whole experience to be a turnoff. I do not understand it either.

5. authorsbmazing says:

I signed up. And I never go there. I think the posts I post here are automatically posted there as well. So maybe someone reads them there and comes back to visit the blog. I thought maybe someone who is not a WP blogger. But then, if they all are like me, nobody reads the other blogs on bloglovin…

6. annieemmy says:

Oh my goodness… RIGHT?! I just signed up for it too because I assumed it would be something like BlogHer… another place to post your writing and connect with other bloggers. Um… NO. So far, I cannot for the life of me figure out what the purpose of the site is. And then I think about researching it, and I’m all, “Meh. BOR-ing.” And then I feel guilty because I figure a “real” blogger, a “good” blogger would do that. But I sincerely can’t figure it out. Every time I log in, there’s a lot of posts that don’t appeal to me, and I feel no need to connect. I’m so glad I’m not alone with this confusion. If you figure it out, let me know. Seriously. Because… WHAT?

7. The Simple Beginner says:

I think for me it was another extension for my blog to get out there.. Honestly, I was curious about it and didn’t know what to expect. But I guess it was another platform where I could browse blogs more specifically. I don’t know if any of that made sense, haha. That’s just me.