***Additional nominations added, please scroll to bottom.***
Yes, that’s right, little ol’ me was nominated for a Liebster Award, one of those silly, simple little things that really means so much. Thank you Josh Wrenn & Lynn K Scott for the nominations! I feel like a lucky belle with two dates to the ball! 😉
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
5. Notify all nominees via social media/blogs.
1. If you could go back in time and relive part of your life, with no changes, would you and why/why not?
I would love to go back to my Senior year(s) of college. I was managing my store, had amazing friends, lived in an amazingly adorable house that I owned, was very well settled in my community, lots of nights lost in hookah parlors and bars, and my mind was opened and inspired to the amazing revelations that were taught in my college courses.
2. What or who inspires you?
Simple things like a sip of chai, a coffee hazelnut milkshake, and just a unique break of trying something new in the break of a monotonous series of days that equal my life at present.
3. What is your greatest memory?
The process of falling in love with my incredible husband. From whimsical surprises of Peacock sugar bowls overflowing with bon bons, rooftop dinners, and a spontaneous surprise trip to catch a plane from work to have beignets and a granita surrounded by breathtaking architecture while sitting at the Café Beignet courtyard in the French Quarter.
4. What is your biggest fear?
Somewhere against my strange phobia of business cards & receipt tape (ya ya I know a shop girl mortally afraid of touching receipts), and drowning looming mortality has taken the cake since having my daughter. Rereading this old blog post I have linked maybe it dates back a little further.
5. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Tea Sets & Classic books (first editions)
6. Which do you prefer, sunrise or sunset?
Sunset, I’m not a morning person.
7. If you could change the world, what would you change?
I feel like Miss America here, but I have always been one for world peace, but I’m not meaning just as a no war zone, but as far as we as people functioning in day to day society. I don’t understand why we would rather tear down relationships than attempt to preserve and build them.
8. Why do you think I’m so amazing? (Kidding.) What amazes you?
The life revelations inspired through literature, the accomplishments of Thomas Jefferson (TJ as he is referred to in our household), and the mess that can be created in a moment by such tiny hands as my toddler daughter.
9. What’s your name? Who’s your daddy? Is he rich like me? (Kidding again.) What makes you sad?
Gah, I love that song, reminds me of flying kites with my father as a child. And I guess appropriately so, it breaks my heart he didn’t live to see me graduate high school or college, get married (twice), or ever meet his amazing grandkids. But in turn, I can never leave that as my all sad note, I am fortunate enough to have had an incredible man step in and love and raise my brothers and me as if we were his own.
10. Don’t you wish this award had a logo like some of the others?
I’m so excited and honored to get an award that I don’t care what it looks like. 😉
2nd Set of Questions I have to answer:
- Who is someone you admire and why?
- That’s a tough one, it would have to be between Thomas Jefferson & Martha Stewart (aka Home Goddess). TJ achieved so much from founding a university, practicing writing & architecture, and taking a vital role in the initial government at the birth of the US government. Martha is just to do all know all, have it together, Type A extreme B I can never be.
- What is your favorite city?
- What did you want to be when you grew up and are you doing that now?
- A movie star, teacher, weatherman, published author and astronaut. (My dad always said that I would be a very busy woman) I did receive my degree in education but found teaching was not fast paced enough for me. I am working on my first book right now, a sales training manual, that I am on track to self publish by the end of Spring.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Name three things you find admiral in a person.
- humility, honesty, & someone who can remain a genuinely happy influence on their surroundings.
- What is your favorite thing to write about?
- I have an array, my favorite is various scenarios of my life, but I also love the how-to genre at present. Although through college and youth I preferred writing dark stories and poetry: http://poemsproseandmemoir.blogspot.com
- What do you find inspirational?
- What was the last random act of kindness you did?
- I love to treat my mommy friends to ice cream or lunch, and sometimes I even front the bill of the person in front of me at Starbucks, particularly if they are struggling to come up with their total without fumbling around their purse or wallets. I don’t want them to have the opportunity to appear as if they have come up short.
- Past or present, if you could meet one person, who would it be and why?
- Frank McCourt, I would love to hear the stories personally of his life in Ireland. Or perhaps Mark Twain…he’s pretty snarky while reflective.
- If you could have one “do-over” in life, what would it be?
- Returning that call to my husband two years sooner.
- Were you surprised to receive this nomination?
- Extremely, especially twice in a 24 hour period.
My 10 Nominees:
1. Woman -Fun and witty stories always keep me coming back of her life as a musician and a single mom. 🙂
2. Real Life in The Checkout Lane -Inspiring and thoughtful experiences on life in his realm of retail.
3. The Introspective Turtle -a recent guilty pleasure of mine, another veteran teacher and toddler mom.
4. Grocery Store Madness -A blog with an expiration date, but I loved it too much to not recommend it all the same. Fun, unique, upbeat, and quirky observations from behind the register at your local grocer.
5. Stella Cold Brew -A simple woman like you and I taking steps to fulfill her dream of owning and running her own coffee shop.
6. My Stuffed Little Therapy -A fellow Brony, terrific retail team leader, and father of two. Yay Fluttershy!
7. A Coffee Break with Mike– I am in awe of his photography, and even more excited as he just started his 7 1/2 week tour of ALL OVER the USA with his newly announced fiancé. So excited to see the US through his camera lens.
8. 1st Class Document Services -a dedicated contributor to ShopGirlAnon with a blog that has no limitation of unique (down to earth) offerings of thought and perception.
9. Shelley is Stamping -These little cards light up my days as she shares her original crafts.
10. Kat Stephens Project -A fairly new blogger who is also dealing with the world of step-momhood (like me). She is honest, and open. She has a unique upbringing and perspective to parenting (to me) that makes her story one that leaves me awaiting for each new edition.
1. What is your favorite beverage?
2. What was your final inspiring push to start your blog?
3. Pick a favorite season, and why?
4. Somewhere you have never visited, but would love to in your lifetime. why?
5. What is your muse?
6. If you were running for government, what would be your primary platform of reform?
7. Paper or Plastic?
8. What is your favorite shop in your local shopping mall?
9. Most inspiring place you have visited, why?
10. If you could pass one just one statement of wisdom to your great great great great great teenage grandchild just out of high school, what would it be?
I am so incredibly gifted with such a great followers, and so incredibly honored to be nominated for a third time for the Liebster Award by Queen Aej! Thank you so incredibly much. I wanted to answer her questions, so here are my answers:
1. Where do you like to sit and blog? Or do you stand lol?
I definitely sit. I have two favorite blogging spots, once is my craft room/office at my desktop, second is in the mornings at my dining room table sipping tea and munching on some strudel and letting my toddler run wild along the house.
2. Has your favorite color been consistent throughout your life?
It has not! My first ever favorite color was blue. Then I really liked hot pink in elementary school, or all things neon really. In high school I was emobnoxious (before “emo” was a thing haha!) and lived for all things black. Then in college I loved lime green which is still one of my absolute favorites to this day.
3. Is it better to have lost than to have never loved? Or is that ridiculous?
I would definitely had rather lost. I have always worn my heart on my sleeve, and I enjoy love, it’s an enlightening and encouraging journal. Losing love though has never been one to absolutely kill me for months to years on end, probably has something to do with losing my father at such a young age.
4. Any big changes in your life that you’re proud of?
I will be a mom of three officially in May! 😀
5. Have a favorite author or favorite book?
That’s a roughy as my favorites of anything seems to change with the tides. Presently I’m totally enjoying Night Circus….so much so that I’m desperately trying not to finish it so it won’t be over.
6. What are your dreams or plans for your blog this year?
I want to be able to keep this blog going for one. Maintaining daily posts and building up audience that may find this blog education, entertaining, or enjoyable.
7. Best dessert ever?
8. Are you a cat or dog person?
I grew up a dog person, though now that I have children I would give anything for a self sustaining animal. My babies before babies:
9. Do you liked Black & White old movies?
10. Are you writing a book?
Yes. Four in fact.
1. A training manual in Sales
2. A training manual in retail management
3. A retail memoir
4. I’m working on illustrating a children’s book I wrote for my step son last year.