Home Depot is Hiring 80,000 new workers for the new season. Apply now, the application process takes about two weeks and they will want their new recruits hired and trained by March.
Perks of Home Depot:
- Higher than average retail pay as a starting associate (Avg 11.74/hr)
- Rates an average of 3-4 stars on Glassdoor.com
- Offers benefits to part timers (this is a mystical unicorn in the world of retail)
- The reviews are mixed either you have too long of shifts that pull you away from your family
- or you aren’t given enough hours to survive.
- The large amount of employees make it difficult to stand out to move up
This is a fantastic seasonal job to keep money coming in while you seek out that next big break in fall. Also if you do so happen to offer a stellar performance Home Depot is a good company to move up with. My brother works for a similar sized and reputable hardware store and due to his stellar customer service and extremely high warranty sales he was offered a promotion in his second week. You just have to stay positive and know all things are possible.
Home Depot, the nation’s largest home-improvement retailer, says it is hiring more than 80,000 seasonal workers ahead of the spring selling season, traditionally the company’s busiest period.
That’s the same amount of workers the retailer has hired in recent years. The positions will be both part-time and full-time and will be for roles at both stores and distribution centers, the company said.
Watch more about the latest news about Home Depot from Fortune’s video team:
Home Depot [fortune-stock symbol=”HD”] operates 2,266 stores and employees more than 300,000 associates, according to its most recent earnings report.
The boost in hiring comes after the Atlanta-based retailer looks to move past a massive data breach at the end of 2014 that affected some 50 million credit and debit card holders.
Another large retailer, Target [fortune-stock symbol=”TGT”], has faced similar attack that led to the theft of personal data, such as…
View original post 3 more words